General Discussion: Official holiday thread


Show original post
joeyjojo
joeyjojo avatar

4715 posts since 24/8/06

8 May 2022 19:47
Robadob wrote: Any recommendations for Rotterdam?

Don’t go
joeyjojo
joeyjojo avatar

4715 posts since 24/8/06

8 May 2022 19:53
But in all seriousness I don’t think there was one good thing about the place and the food was the shittest I’ve eaten ( and I’ve been to Bulgaria). It’s absolutely nothing like Amsterdam, very boring, ugly etc
illmurray
illmurray avatar

589 posts since 18/4/12

9 May 2022 22:00
freedom wrote: Copenhagen for a few days next week, any recommendations for things to do, decent bars etc?

Might be too late but my mate just opened a place called Brasserie Prins, looks superb.
Kadafi39
Kadafi39 avatar

2187 posts since 30/10/09

10 May 2022 10:26
joeyjojo wrote: But in all seriousness I don’t think there was one good thing about the place and the food was the shittest I’ve eaten ( and I’ve been to Bulgaria). It’s absolutely nothing like Amsterdam, very boring, ugly etc

Lots of tulips, windmills and clogs though.
Goldie
Goldie avatar

4841 posts since 17/10/07

10 May 2022 12:13
Big thanks to Dee for the recommendations. Oniro, Porto Antico and Last Castle were all absolutely fantastic, great food and perfect setting.
Also walked the Aphrodite Trail from Latsi, which was challenging but well worth the effort.

Top fuker Ubercool

swede
swede avatar

10519 posts since 21/3/09

10 May 2022 12:52
Ubercool Ubercool Ubercool
YLAup
YLAup avatar

5934 posts since 5/9/11

10 May 2022 13:41
Cool
fudge.dredd
fudge.dredd avatar

2076 posts since 15/12/12

10 May 2022 16:29
swiftus wrote: Sister is travelling to Spain next month. Been double vaxxed, no booster. Gov website says travel has to be within 270 days of second jab, but it's been more than that (so would need booster, which she doesn't want to do).

Are they strict on this?

Any other documentation needed?

Cheers in advance

She’s had two, may as well have the next few.. just saying’…

But yes, Spain are quite hot on this.. as are Germany.
swede
swede avatar

10519 posts since 21/3/09

10 May 2022 16:59
agree - bit of a weird stance on the booster that…… i think deuce was pulling something similar in the covid thread but then back down when he wanted to go on holiday to Wales
Crackajack
Crackajack avatar

8200 posts since 21/4/05

10 May 2022 17:08
Booked Lisbon / beach for July. Just easy to be fair.
fudge.dredd
fudge.dredd avatar

2076 posts since 15/12/12

10 May 2022 19:05
£200 and you can get the booster added to your covid pass. I know loads that have had it done.

£400 for all three.
fudge.dredd
fudge.dredd avatar

2076 posts since 15/12/12

posted 10 May 2022 23:08, edited 10 May 2022 23:08
What happens 270 days after jab 3? It expires again?

I think everyone eventually ends up unvaccinated right? Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

What shithousery from the government.
stoney
stoney avatar

17816 posts since 22/1/05

11 May 2022 03:34
I’m off to canaries in couple weeks, says no expiry date for booster.
swiftus
swiftus avatar

1874 posts since 1/7/09

11 May 2022 07:21
fudge.dredd wrote: What happens 270 days after jab 3? It expires again?

I think everyone eventually ends up unvaccinated right? Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

What shithousery from the government.

Agree, no idea what the rationale is behind the 270 days?

stoney wrote: I’m off to canaries in couple weeks, says no expiry date for booster.

Yup, there's no expiry for the booster.

swede wrote: agree - bit of a weird stance on the booster that…… i think deuce was pulling something similar in the covid thread but then back down when he wanted to go on holiday to Wales

She's going to take a booster now, just to avoid the hassle.
snaye
snaye avatar

11111 posts since 24/10/02

11 May 2022 07:58
Looks like a great trip Goldie Cool

BBQ/Meat looks fucking great.
fudge.dredd
fudge.dredd avatar

2076 posts since 15/12/12

posted 11 May 2022 08:34, edited 11 May 2022 08:34
Don’t mean to sidetrack but is the booster the same Jab as the first two or is it slightly different? Just trying to find out why the second one expires but third doesn’t? Sufficient protection? It doesn’t wane after 12 days like the first two?

Edit: ‘There is currently no expiry date for booster jabs.’

Watch this change in the coming months again.
fudge.dredd
fudge.dredd avatar

2076 posts since 15/12/12

posted 11 May 2022 08:40, edited 11 May 2022 08:40
I’m currently in south Turkey. They asked at the check-in “are you vaccinated or have a negative test?” And I just said “yes” but no checks of any kind either there or when we arrived here.

Countries are clearly being given these directives to implement but the tourism money is more important to them. It’s not about health.
Rez
Rez avatar

9004 posts since 5/4/09

11 May 2022 19:14
Am in Newcastle for a few days at the end of month for a wedding, what should I do when I'm there?
fudge.dredd
fudge.dredd avatar

2076 posts since 15/12/12

11 May 2022 20:19
Rez wrote: Am in Newcastle for a few days at the end of month for a wedding, what should I do when I'm there?

Come back.
Goldie
Goldie avatar

4841 posts since 17/10/07

11 May 2022 21:49
snaye wrote: Looks like a great trip Goldie Cool

BBQ/Meat looks fucking great.
Yeah was really good. Just no frills pork or chicken on the skewer, served with salad and home cooked chips and bread. Would recommend to anyone, and will defo be returning.